Low Carb Almond Milk Hot Chocolate Recipe
Craving something sweet this holiday season? Give in to your temptations the healthy way and indulge in this rich and creamy hot chocolate drink. This recipe calls for almond milk and unsweetened cocoa powder, making it low carb, low calorie and keto friendly.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
Calories: 150 kcal
- 2 cups unsweetened Almond Milk Vanilla
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 packets stevia
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat.
- Heat the mixture until it just starts to lightly simmer and the cocoa powder is completely absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes, whisking frequently to combine the ingredients. Monitor carefully to avoid overheating and burning the chocolate – the mixture should be barely hot enough to simmer.
- Turn off the heat. Stir to make sure all ingredients are well-combined, scraping up any chocolate stuck to the sides of the pan.
- Pour the mixture into two mugs and serve.
- Optional for a foamier drink: Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until frothy. Alternately, use an espresso machine’s frothing attachment.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
- Calories 47
- Fat 3.5g
- Carbs 4.8g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 2g
- Sugars 0.1g
Recipe Instructions derived from savorytooth.com
Want more low carb recipes and nutrition advice? Contact us today and schedule your consultation!