Keto-Friendly Red, White, and Blueberry Popsicles
Fourth of July is just around the corner, and we have the perfect Keto-friendly popsicle recipe for you to cool down with!
- 1 ¾ cups Strawberries, fresh or frozen and thawed (252 g/ 8.9 oz)
- ¼ cup Water (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- Optional: 15-20 drops of liquid stevia
- ½ C cream cheese (120 g/ 4.2 oz) or coconut cream for dairy-free
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream or liquid coconut milk, such as Aroy-D for dairy free (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 2 tbsp powdered Erythritol or Serve (20 g/ 0.7 oz) – sweetener can be excluded
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (15 ml)
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or 1-2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (188 g/ 6.6 oz) – wild blueberries contain fewer carbs
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (30 ml/ 1 fl oz)
Directions (Hands-on 20 minutes; Overall 5-6 hours)
- Start by preparing the red layer. Place the strawberries with 1/4 cup (60 ml) water into a blender or a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the blended strawberries into 10 popsicle molds (about 30 grams/ 1 oz each). Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours. The longer you freeze it, the neater the layers will be.
- Prepare the blue layer by placing the blueberries, lemon juice and stevia into a blender or a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the white cheesecake layer. Spoon the cream cheese into a bowl. Add heavy whipping cream, powdered Erythritol, lemon juice, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer or a hand whisk, process until smooth.
- Spoon the white cheesecake layer (about 25 g/ 0.9 oz each) on top of the strawberry layer (use a spoon or a piping bag). Finally, top with the blueberry layer, add popsicle sticks, and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or until set.
Dairy-free tip: Use coconut cream and coconut milk instead of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- To easily remove the popsicles from the molds, I fill a pot, as tall as the popsicles, with warm (not hot) water and dip the popsicle molds in, for 15-20 seconds.
- Place the unmolded popsicles in ziploc bags and keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Recipe derived from KetoDiet
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
- 94 calories
- 81 g fat
- 5.8 g carbohydrates
- 1.4 g protein
- 1 g fiber
- 4 g sugar