5 Low-Carb Summer Treats!
It’s heatin’ up here in Texas. No matter where you’re spending your summer, cool down with these low-carb summer treats!
Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
Per serving if 24 servings in total: Protein 2.0 g, Fat 8.1 g, Net Carbs 2.5 g, 95 kcal
- 1/3 cup = 80 ml peanut butter (smooth or chunky, your choice!)
- 1/3 cup = 80 ml Sukrin Fiber Syrup Clear OR Sukrin Fiber Syrup Gold
- 15 drops vanilla stevia
- 1/2 cup = 120 ml heavy cream, whipped 8 oz = 230 g dark chocolate OR sugar-free chocolate
- (Optional: crushed salted peanuts for decorating)
- Place the peanut butter, Sukrin Syrup, and the vanilla stevia into a small bowl.
- Mix with a spoon until almost smooth. Don’t mix too long, or the mixture will get too stiff.
- Add the whipped cream and mix gently with a spoon. (The mixture doesn’t have to be mixed too thoroughly; stripes and swirls of peanut butter and cream here and there just make for a prettier, tastier result.)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second spans, mixing well after each. You can also melt the chocolate in a saucepan over low heat: just be careful not to burn it!
- Take 24 silicone mini muffin cups or one silicone mini muffin pan. Pour a scant teaspoon of melted chocolate into each mini muffin cup.
- Spoon some peanut butter mixture into the center of each muffin cup, filling the cups 3/4 full, leaving enough space for the chocolate topping.
- Place the filled muffin cups in the freezer until the peanut butter mixture and the chocolate are hard, about 30 minutes.
- Take the filled muffin cups from the freezer and pour some melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer. (If the rest of the melted chocolate has set while the muffin cups have been in the freezer, melt the chocolate again carefully.) Spread the chocolate evenly so that it covers the peanut butter mixture completely.
- Sprinkle crushed salted peanuts on top of each muffin cup, if desired.
- Return the muffin cups to the freezer until ready to serve, at least 2 hours. (Or, if you prefer a softer consistency, like that of soft ice cream, you can serve the Frozen Peanut Butter Cups after 30 minutes.)
- When ready to serve, take the Frozen Peanut Butter Cups out of the freezer, and carefully pop out each peanut butter cup from the silicone muffin cup.
- Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Low Carb Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe
Amount Per Serving (103 g) Calories 211 Calories from Fat 149 Total Fat 16.6g Saturated Fat 9.6g Cholesterol 169mg Sodium 114mg Total Carbohydrates 6.9g Dietary Fiber 5.2g Sugars 0.6g Protein 7.8g
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Sukrin Gold
- 1/2 cup LC Foods White sweetener – Inulin
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (in carton)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Toast pecans in baking pan with lip until fragrant (about 7-8 minutes at 350°F).
- Add butter and salt to hot pecans, tossing until butter is melted. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk together the Sukrin Gold, inulin sweetener, and xanthan gum.
- Add in egg yolks whisking until combined into the sweeteners.
- Bring cream and low carb milk just to a boil over moderately high heat.
- Add hot cream mix to egg mixture in a slow stream whisking constantly.
- Cook combined mixture over low heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon until thick enough to coat back of the spoon and temperature is 170-175°F. Stir in vanilla after removing from heat.
- Pour into heat safe bowl then cover surface with wax paper.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Freeze custard in ice cream maker until almost firm.
- Stir together ice cream and pecans then transfer to an airtight container and freeze until hardened.
Peanut Butter Whips Frozen Fat Bombs
Amount Per Serving (1 whip): Calories 259 Calories from Fat 234 Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 16g Cholesterol 95mg Sodium 57mg Potassium 52mg Total Carbohydrates 4g Protein 2g
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 squares 1oz of 100% bakers chocolate.
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1.5 tsp low carb sweetener
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whip the 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and peanut butter. Mix with fork or whisk until combined.
- Place into a quart size baggie. Cut a small hole in the tip.
- Line a muffin pan or use silicone molds. Squeeze out mixture in muffin molds. (I used a large muffin pan and made 6 large whips. You can also do this with mini muffin pans.)
- Freeze for at least 1-2 hour.
To make ganache:
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave heavy whipping cream until it boils ~30s.
- Add bakers chocolate to heavy whipping cream to melt (I opt to not heat the chocolate as to not burn it)
- Once chocolate is melted, add the remaining ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Let mixture come to room temperature then dip each frozen whip into to coat the bottom. Place on a parchment lined tray and freeze. Store in covered container in the freezer.
No Bake Banana Split Cake Cheesecake
Amount Per Serving (104 g): Calories 302 Calories from Fat 269 Total Fat 29.9g Saturated Fat 16.8g Cholesterol 78mg Sodium 171mg Potassium 170mg Total Carbohydrates 6.7g Dietary Fiber 1.8g Sugars 2.9g Protein 4.1g
Recipe Notes: Makes 20 servings
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low carb sweetener
- 1 cup butter melte
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low carb sweetener add more if needed
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 pints strawberries sliced
- 1 banana chopped (can be left out and banana extract added to filling)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons low carb sweetener
- Nuts optional
- Chocolate Sauce optional
- Cover bottom of 9×13-inch pan with crust ingredients and press into crust
- Mix cream cheese and confectioners sweetener and add melted butter until smooth.
- Spread on top of crust.
- Mix strawberries and banana in medium bowl with lemon juice.
- Spread strawberries and banana mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Make stabilized whipped cream softening gelatin in water and then pouring it into the heavy cream along with vanilla extract and sweetener at the end of beating into whipped cream. Cover top with whipped cream mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts and chocolate sauce if desired.
Salted Caramel Custard
Serving Size: 1 custard + 1 Tbsp caramel sauce Calories: 273 Fat: 27g Carbohydrates: 1.5g net Protein: 9g
For the custard:
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (splenda, ideal, swerve, etc.)
- 1.5 tsp caramel extract
For the caramel sauce:
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp (or to taste) caramel extract
To make the custard:
- Combine the custard ingredients in a blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth. Pour into two greased 6 oz ramekins or bowls. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees (F). Place your ramekins in a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Pour hot water up into the cookie sheet until halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until set. Remove and chill for at least one hour (or overnight) before serving.
To make the sauce:
- Melt the butter, sweetener, and caramel flavoring in the microwave for 30 seconds (or in a saucepan on the stove until melted) and whisk together until fully blended. Divide between and pour over the two custards just before serving.
We hope you enjoy these tasty, sweet summer treats. Let us know if you have a favorite summer recipe in the comments below and sign up for a consultation to learn more about starting your weight loss journey.