With St. Patty’s Day fast approaching, it is necessary to prepare a few go-to recipes that work with your dietary regime. Taken from BeWell365’s Biggest Loser Challenge support group, check out these low carb, low fat, gluten free and tasty options crafted to keep you on the nutritious track to health success.
LOW CARB LIME CHEESECAKE BARS
Start to finish: 2 hours 3 minutes
Servings: 15 bars
You will need:
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup of almond flour
1 1/2 cups of sweetener
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine ½ cup of sweetener, almond flour, cinnamon, and butter. Spread mixture in 12×9 inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- For cheesecake, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, the cup sweetener and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and eggs slowly into mixture while making sure to stir well.
- Poor mixture over baked crust. Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cover and chill for 2+ hours. Cut into bars and enjoy!
NUTRITION FACTS (1 bar)
Protein: 5.93 grams
Calories: 298 grams
Carbs: 4.73 grams
Fiber: 1.07 grams
Net Carbs: 3.66 grams
FIESTA RANCH CREAM CHEESE PINWHEELS
Start to finish: 1 hour 5 minutes
You will need:
1 package Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix
1 4.25 ounce can chopped olives
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
1 package Carb Balance Tortillas (8 count)
- Place cream dip mix into both packages of cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Stir in chopped olives and make sure they are distributed throughout the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into eight sections.
- Spread one section per tortilla.
- Roll tortilla into a wrap.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour to make it easier to slice.
- Slice each wrap into desired widths (good size is about 8 slices per tortilla).
- Serve to your guests.
Nutritional Facts (8 slices)
Total Fat: 16.5 grams / 24% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate: 9 grams / 1% Daily Value
Protein: 7 grams / 14% Daily Value
KEY LIME PIE – LOW CARB VERSION
Start to finish: 4h 35m
You will need:
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup ground pecans, butter, 2 packets sweetener, and 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract. Press firmly into bottom and up sides of an 8 inch pie plate; refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, whip the heavy cream with 2 packets sweetener until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with high sides, mix the gelatin with boiling water until all the gelatin has dissolved. Then stir in the cold water. With an electric mixer, slowly beat in the cream cheese. After all cream cheese is added, stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, and beat at high speed until smooth. Carefully fold in the whipped cream. Use a spatula to scrape mixture into the pie pan and spread around. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons ground nuts on top. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow gelatin to set thoroughly.
Nutritional Facts (1 slice)
Total Fat: 22.6 grams / 34% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate: 2.9 grams / 0% Daily Value
Protein: 3.8 grams / 7% Daily Value
LOW-CARB APPLE PIE
1 and ½ cups almond meal or almond flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
Artificial sweetener equal to 3 tablespoons sugar
5 apples, pealed, cored and sliced
½ cup Stevia
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch pie plate.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Combine the butter, almond meal or flour and the sweetener. Pour the mixture into the pie plate and pat into place with your fingertips.
- In another bowl, mix the apples, Stevia, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown. After 8 minutes, check every minute or so.
Nutritional Facts (crust)
Carbohydrates 11 grams / 3% Daily Value
Fiber 17 grams
Protein 30 grams / 58% Daily Value