Low Carb Pecan Pralines
Pecans – they’re a Texas favorite and a fall staple. One of the most delicious southern desserts out there has to be pecan pralines. But how to enjoy this dish if you’re limiting your carb intake? Never fear – Be Well’s Louisana praline recipe, provided by one of our very own Be Well all stars, lets you enjoy this tasty dessert without throwing all your hard work off track.
- 1½ cup chopped/halve pecans
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar*
- 1¼ cup Splenda granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp butter cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Mootopia
- Combine the sugars and Mootopia into a large saucepan, then turn the heat up to medium, stir to mix.
- Let the candy mixture cook for about 5 minutes without stirring until reach 240 F.
- Add in the 2 tbsp butter cut into small pieces and vanilla extract, and stir.
- Remove from the heat.
- Toss in the pecans, and fold in.
- Grab a wooden spoon, and stir the hot candy mixture until it thickens.
- Spoon out the candy mixture onto parchment paper.
- Let the candy cool completely.
- Enjoy. This is a very easy candy to prepare!
With Be Well 365, it’s not about what you can’t eat – it’s about what you can! Enjoy your favorites all fall, and still pursue your weight loss goals with our collection of low-carb recipes for every season. Looking for more tips on becoming a happier, healthier you? Reach out to us and see if the Be Well 365 journey is right for you.